Tuesday, May 5, 2009

14: Reflecting on What You Learned

During this semester's english class, I learned that there are 100's of search engines that can be used to find reliable information and that Google and Wikipedia are not the only sources for information. I can look at other search engines such as ask.com, citizendium, and 100's more, and find the same information or maybe even more links and facts, then just going to Google or Wikipedia. I also got to learn about how to blog. Though I do not enjoy it, atleast I know how to set up an account and use it if I ever have a job that requires us to have one. I also learned how to properly citate information in a paper. Before this class I had no idea what was suppose to go in the paranethesis if someone was referencing a source they used and whether it went at the beginning or the end of the sentence. Now that I have done so much research and learned how to reference the right way, I was able to successfully do so in my research paper. Lastly, I found out about delicious.com and believe that it is a great website to bookmark and keep all your favorite websites. Though you can bookmark and keep websites and links on your computer itself, I really liked using delicious.com because it organized your bookmarks by different keywords or in sections that were most important. I plan to use delicious.com in the future for all my important websites that I want to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment