Sunday, March 8, 2009

6a: Using Internet Search Tools

Some internet search tools I found helpful to research my topic included Google.com, Auraria's library website, Prospector.com, and dogpile.com. I found out by using Dogpile.com that it is very similar to Google. When I typed in my topic "Music psychology", both Google and Dogpile came up with results ranging from buying music psychology books on Amazon.com, to different articles, statistics, and information about music psychology. I was able to successfully find multiple websites through Google and Dogpile that gave me the information about my topic that I was specifically looking for such as the emotions and feelings of music and how the brain reacts when we humans hear music. Prospector and Auraria's Library website were helpful to me when locating music psychology books and articles. On Prospector, I was able to type in my topic and locate different libraries that would have a specific book that explained my topic. Also, if the book was checked out, I was able to place a HOLD on it so that when it was turned back in, I would be notified through email and able to check it out. Auraria's Library was able to help me locate books in their library that was exactly what I was looking for my research of music psychology.
Some sites that weren't informative or helpful for my topic included citizendium.com and aclin.org. Though I typed in several differnt types of Boolean and keywords, these two sites never came up with what I was looking for when it came to information or was very broad about the topic of music psychology and didn't go into much detail about the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment