Sunday, March 8, 2009

6c: Planning Field Research

After going through different types of field research class, I have come up with three types of field research for my topic, two interviews and a survey. This semester I'm taking Intro to Psychology and have been really interested in the subject, hence my topic being the Psychology of music. I plan to ask permission to conduct an interview with my psychology professor and ask him a few questions and his own opinions about music and its effects on people's minds, emotions, and learning abilites. My second interview will be with my high school choir teacher and I plan to repeat the same questions and ask for her own opinion as I will do for my psych professor, then compare and contrast each educator's view on music psychology. My third and final field research, a survey, will be given to my family and closest friends. On the survey I will have 10 questions that will ask them about their view on music and the mind and how they think music effects them on a daily basis.

I believe that before we begin our field research, we should go over on what questions we should create that will help us sound professional yet help us get the information we need for our research papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment