1) I chose my topic after one of my classmates discussed her possible idea of researching the pyschology of eating disorders. I orginally planned for my research paper to be about the history of music, ecspecially the history of Rock and Roll. I considered my classmates idea and the fact that I was taking Intro to Psychology and was really intrigued by the course, when I came up with my topic idea, the pyschology of music or musicology. I love all types of music and have always wondered why music moves us the way it does. How it can make you angry, happy, cry, or excited. Musicology will be a great topic to research with plenty of interesting information.
2) I just recently read a chapter in my Intro to Psychology book that explained what different parts of the brain make us feel or create emotions. This chapter helped explain a little more of HOW and WHY we feel the way we do to certain genres of music. However, I don't know the details of how every part of the brain and mind works to create the sensations and feelings we have toward music.
3) I believe the psychology of music will be a fascinating topic because there are all types of musicology that can be researched. I can include the phsyical steps our brain and body goes through in order to hear, comprehend, and enjoy music. I can learn about how our emotions and memories can be connected to music and why it makes us feel the way we do when our favorite or a memorable song comes on to the radio. I can research why certain people enjoy Rock music while others enjoy Classical and see if it's somehow related to that person's personality. There are many possiblities that I can research for my psychology of music topic and learn immensely from this semester.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment