Sunday, February 22, 2009

4b: Finding Books

I listed the books I found along with the websites I found in the blog posted 4A. I will just re-state what I posted.

http://prospector.coalliance.org/search/?searchtype=X&searcharg=music+psychology&SORT=D&imageField.x=22&imageField.y=20-I found prospector to be very successful. I found multiple books that will help me explore my topic of music psychology. I actually searched and found the "Music Psychology" section of the Auraria library and have checked out two books related to my topic.

1) Title: "The Frontier Meaning: Three Informal Lectures on Music"/ Author: Charles Rosen/ Date Checked out: 2-19-09/ Date Published: 1994/ Publisher: HarperCollinsCanadaLtd & Hill and Wang /Page number: 1-135.

2) Title: "The Psychology of Musical Ability"/ Author: Rosamund Shuter-Dyson and Clive Gabriel/ Date checked out: 2-19-09/ Date Published: 1968/ Publisher: Metheun & CO. Ltd/ Page number: 1-269

I also found an E-Book on Google.com:

http://books.google.com/books?id=oKLOm_I3dcAC&pg=PA3&lpg=PA3&dq=music+psychology&source=bl&ots=IQdpcrvTEc&sig=whOsIqPCGyrNIcxRsDgKq0dB8ew&hl=en&ei=GuahSfPWNIWc-Aago-W3Dg&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result#PPP1,M1
-I searched on Google.com for "Psychology of Music" and since I had browsed the first page before, I skipped on to the second page and began searching for more articles and information. When I came across the third page I found an E-Book that discussed the developmental of Music Psychology. It has many pages and highlighted points so I think it will be very useful in my research.

Title: "The Developmental of Music Psychology"/ Author: David J. Hargreaves/ Date searched: 2-22-09/ Date Published: since it is an E-book I dont think it has a published a date/publisher, i was unable to find one but perhaps I'm mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment