5 Field Research Options:
1) Interview my Introduction to Psychology professor, professor Froyd, and get it his perspective of how the brain and mind works and why we enjoy the sound of music. Also, I will ask his opinion about the "Baby Mozart Theory" and whether children who listened to classical music as an infant are smarter than other children who did not.
2) Interview my High School choir teacher, Ms. Nguyen. I will ask her questions like why she decided to have music become her career and what music means to her.
3) Interview the lecturer during my applied assignment for psychology. Part of my grade in psychology is to attend lectures about psychology, so hopefully I might be able to schedule an interview with that spokesperson and ask him/her a few questions about music psychology.
4) Create a survey and ask to have my class mates or a variety of friends and family to listen to different kinds of music then circle what feelings they have toward that particular song/if it brings back any memories.
5) Create a short 5-10 multiple choice survey and go to a music store (FYI, Best Buy, etc) and ask people in the cd aisle, if they mind sparing a few minutes of their time to fill it out and get their view of music and how their mind reacts to music. I would have to make sure my questions are simple but also have enough information to help create a solid research paper.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment